Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Plight of families in China

It does not escape me that the day bringing me the biggest joy of my life comes at a very great sacrifice of another.

From what I have read of China's "One Child Policy", I am amazed that a country growing into the modern age still has such a program. It seems to little-old-nobody-me that other incentives could be put into place to curb the population growth as the politicians desire-- economic, educational, etc. Heck...just use the mass media....it's used in America to brainwash us couch potatoes every day. However, stories like this today on NPR, do not amaze, they disturb the very core of my being. The devastation these families must feel after such unspeakable acts are forced upon them is beyond horrible.

International community...are you listening? This is not okay; yet, I feel so very small and powerless in the face of today's evil.

3 Comments:

At April 24, 2007 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I just can't imagine what those poor families are going through. That is just terrible. terrible.

 
At May 20, 2007 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Breanne,
hang in there kayla will come!!!!

 
At May 31, 2007 9:27 PM, Blogger Don and Be said...

I have GOT to post this on our blog even though it will be disturbing to some - thank you for making us aware of this abomination.
D & B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home