Saturday, October 08, 2005

I'm so jealous!

Our adoption agency has a Yahoo group set up so families can share information and experiences with other families who are at different points in the process. It just so happens a few weeks ago one family posted a question about the FBI office in Jax. I was more than happy to reply, being that we were old pros since we had our prints taken two weeks before that. Along I go merrily on my way. Today, I read on the Yahoo board this family's post about how excited they are since they received their I-171 in the record time of 3 1/2 weeks. That's right, their info went in at least 2 weeks after ours...and yet we wait. (As an aside, I am of course happy for this family.)

So now I'm convinced something has gone terribly wrong with our beloved paperwork, such as...
a) The family down the street received our brown package, assumed it was junk mail and trashed it.

b) The family down the street realized I read their Better Homes and Garden magazine instead of telling the postman it was delivered to the wrong mailbox and they are now holding our Form hostage for revenge.

c) Our paperwork is stuck in perpetual government limbo and has most likely dropped behind their file cabinet never to be seen again.

d) Our brown package will arrive on Monday....***fingers crossed***



2 Comments:

At October 10, 2005 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably figured out first thing this morning that the post isn't coming today? Only Accountants work this holiday! ;)

I am tapping for you!

w~

 
At October 10, 2005 8:34 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

ARRRRGGGHHH!!! Can you believe my luck? Thanks for tapping with me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home