Saturday, December 03, 2005

Back in the waiting game

So if anyone's wondering what we've been up to since the last post, in a nutshell--we're waiting. This time though we're waiting for our LID (log in date). Hopefully we'll hear something in the next week or two. In the meantime, I've just been enjoying being done with the paperwork!

I went shopping with my friend Sue, who's 1st time mom to a now seven month old baby named Sam (did I mention he's adorable?). Sue took me to Baby Depot to explore the *scary wall* full of every gadget known to modern parenting. Thankfully I learned that most of that I'll never even need to know what it is used for, much less need to buy it. Whew! We ooh'd and ah'd over the baby clothes and crib sets. I came away with a super soft, lavender blanket and a bunch of things to add to my wish list.

I went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel a couple of weekends ago with long-time friends Kim and her sister Cathy and their family. Among other things, we covered what to look for in a pediatrician and she gave me the name of the doctor they see in St. Augustine. Also, got the tip about checking with the insurance company to see if they sell carseats at a discount...still on my to do list.

I've e-mailed back and forth with Ruth (also a new mom to cute-as-a-button Zachary)on how to pick a daycare.

And, me and Bobby went to Babies-R-Us the weekend after Thanksgiving and purchased a stuffed animal to give to Kayla on *gotcha* day.

Other than that life goes on as usual. I'm taking my last exam, for my last class, forever on Thursday (Wooohoooo!). Bobby's thrilled to make it out of his Spanish class with a "B". He's got one more semester to finish his degree. And for once, I'm looking forward to a jam packed tax season at work, to help whisk a few months of the wait away.

2 Comments:

At December 05, 2005 2:42 PM, Blogger Tom, Wendy, and Andrew said...

I love the Gotchya stuffed animal you got for Kayla!!! We had a time trying to figure out what we wanted to give our Emma. hahaha.

 
At February 01, 2006 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw Shannon your so sweet. I'm glad I finally get to read this page again. hahah Darn computer. :) Kayla is going to love her bunny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home