Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Today is a good day for news

It's late so I'll be to the point for once. We were able to get an e-mail address of the Jax USCIS case worker through someone on the Florida International Adoption Yahoo Group. I e-mailed her this morning to check the status. Within a few hours, she called Bobby. Apparently there was some *delay* at the FBI. But, she pulled and reviewed our file today. Everything is good and she said we should receive our long awaited I-171 early next week. I don't think I'll breathe easy until it is actually in my hands, but it is still a relief to know it is on its way.

Based on getting our paperwork out by the end of November, we'll most likely be traveling to get Kayla in July/August of 2006. Of course, nothing has really gone according to plan so far...maybe we'll get lucky and referrals will start coming quicker and we can make up some time!

2 Comments:

At October 22, 2005 3:59 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Hi! Just wanted to say that I like your blog design! The crumpled paper background is great and that pink daisy with the ladybug is perfect for China adoption. Welcome to the long wait. I hope time flies for you and Kayla is home sooner than expected!

 
At October 25, 2005 5:35 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Thanks Donna! I've enjoyed reading about your journey to Gwen as well. God bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home