Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Let the countdown begin!


We have a LID! Here's an excerpt of the e-mail that was waiting for me at home today. I knew there was a reason I could not make myself work late tonight (uh...yeah...right..that's it).

Congratulations again!
We have received confirmation that your dossier was logged into the CCAA on November 24, 2005. Right now the wait time between your log in date and referral is approximately 7-10 months.


So what that means is anytime between June 2006 and August 2006 we'll get a picture of our girl. It feels good to have a timeline finally in place.


Please say a prayer for us that referrals come quickly!!!


For the curious (like me), here's a picture from another adoption blog showing the inside of an orphanage in China. Can you imagine only having 2 or 3 workers at a time to care for this many babies? It's amazing how kids can bounce back from these tough beginnings.

6 Comments:

At December 14, 2005 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At December 15, 2005 7:40 AM, Blogger Tom, Wendy, and Andrew said...

ALRIGHT!!!!!! I am sooo glad to hear that you finally got your LID. Just think, you almost have one month down already...Here's to and a fast referral.

 
At December 15, 2005 5:19 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Congratulations on getting your LID!

 
At December 17, 2005 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Allen here in Nebraska. I'm so proud of all the time and energy that you two have put into this. There is no doubt my mind of the type of parents you will be. I hope Ruth has asked you if she can come help you the way that you helped us when we brought Zac home.

God Bless.

 
At December 22, 2005 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for both of you, and most of all, Kayla. She is already loved!!! I can hardly wait to give her a hug!!!
Love you both,
Dad

 
At January 27, 2006 7:16 AM, Blogger Martha said...

Shannon,
Thanks for watching our journey and leaving a comment! I hope to update from home soon.

I went to your blog and saw the picture posted on Dec. 14th of an orphanage and was wondering where you got that...It looks like Ruth sitting down in the crib in the front!

you can e-mail me directly at
maamamason@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Martha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home