Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy (Waiting) Mother's Day!!!

Here's a shout out to my little cousin Breanne who called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day...since we are both into technology and stuff. Luv ya kiddo!



I'm trying to keep my feet on the ground...but it's getting harder with each passing day. God willing I will have some gooey little crafty Mother's Day project to hang on the fridge for many years to come starting next year. And since she will probably be to small to do crafts for a little while, I expect it will be Bobby's "artwork" for the first year...so the description of a gooey happy mess still fits.

*!*!*!*!*!*!*Tales from the Zebras*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*

The secret to happiness has been discovered...masking tape and a woman's attention. That's all it takes. (Now before your mind goes all crazy Internet adult on me--keep reading, this is a family blog you know.)

Tape a little winding pathway on the floor, sprinkle with 3 year old kids' imagination, and boom there's half an hour of happiness. As I watched the little zebras crawling single file crab-style down this masking tape path for the the umpteenth time, I realized that their joy came from me watching them cross the finish line and shouting out praises about their seaworthy performances. Nothing really changes much once we reach adulthood, does it?



5 Comments:

At May 13, 2007 9:16 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Happy Mother's Day, Shannon...the last one without your sweet baby!

 
At May 14, 2007 1:56 PM, Blogger 4D said...

Happy Mother’s Day!

Keep smilin!

 
At May 14, 2007 8:22 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Sounds like a fun game! :)

Happy belated Mother's Day!

 
At May 15, 2007 8:43 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Hope you had a great Mothers day.
Your post just reminded me of one of the macaroni braclet my daughter made me for Mothers Day one year, I still have it. ;O)

 
At May 18, 2007 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our DD is 4 months old and that didn't stop us from 'fingerpainting' a great piece of art for a Mommys Day Prezzie!!! Hard part is keeping said fingers out of the mouth long enough to do art and clean up! Thinking of you often and still stalking your journey.

YGirl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home