Thursday, January 31, 2008

My adorable Kayla...

Ever noticed how people roll their eyes when you start out a story this way? You can tell they're trying to figure out a way to get out of listening to stories about your wonderful kids, dogs, spouse, etc. but you've got them cornered and they must at least feign interest for a minute while they plot their escape. So while I've got you cornered...

Yesterday, I stayed at work for a marketing event which put me home late. Bobby had dropped off and picked up Kayla from daycare, so I hadn't seen her all day. Since I was going through Kayla cuteness withdrawals, we decided to be a little selfish and keep her up past her bedtime so I could get my cuteness fix. About thirty minutes past her bedtime, she was going into that second-wind-hyper-overdrive mode. She was crawling back and forth over Bobby, pulling up on me and squeezing my nose (so I would say Honk!), trying to practice her standing on plastic boxes, etc. I knew the fun would have to come to an end soon to keep her out of the total meltdown stage when she finally realized how tired she was. In the meantime, Bobby started bouncing one of her squeaky toy balls off the wall. This attracted the dogs' attention and they came running in and barking at the ball everytime he threw it. Kayla started giggling. So he kept it up. Then she started laughing. Then she started bouncing and laughing. Then add in her little arms flapping. (Okay, I know, this story would be so much better if one of us had went to get the video camera.) By the end, she was trying to throw the balls for the dogs, which really just meant holding out her little arm and opening her hand for them to take it from her. She laughed until she had hiccups. Big funny hiccups.

Next time I promise to try and get it on video. You may now leave your corner without feeling rude.

3 Comments:

At January 31, 2008 12:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh she sounds precious

 
At January 31, 2008 4:24 PM, Blogger Gina (Caleeo) said...

Great story!!! Thanks for sharing - it certainly brought a big smile to my face.

 
At February 01, 2008 11:21 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Sweet, sweet story. I can picture it. I LOVE those moments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home