Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Some of the stuff I worry about...


Normally, I'm not really a worry-wort. But, with the extended wait...believe me, I have learned to worry. Along with the, 'will this ever happen for us worry?', at the top of the things to worry about list is 'what kind of mom will I be?'. Sometimes I flop down on the couch after a long day at the office, a fast food dinner, and a glass of wine and think....hmmmm, won't be this easy to relax in just a few more months. Then, I begin to worry. First it starts with...where will I find the energy? And, after several worry mutations it usually ends with...'what if she doesn't bond with me or me with her'? What if we end up living life as virtual strangers that share only a roof and fast food?

Of course, in my heart, I believe it will all work out or I would have been out of here long ago. She'll bond with us. We'll wonder how we ever lived our bland before Kayla lives. But for now, I worry. I guess all new moms-to-be go through this. I've just had a little longer to develop a full blown soap opera in my imaginary world that often ends less than happily-ever-after in my mind.

In the spirit of hope for the best, prepare for the worst, here's a good article Donna at our FCC chapter forwarded to the group about post-adoption depression. After this long, long wait... I sure hope it doesn't strike.

But, I can't help but worry....

2 Comments:

At December 10, 2006 11:10 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Shannon,

I have all these same thoughts too. When will it happen?, What will I do when it does happen?, How will I handle it?
Scared S**tless enters my mind and I pray as long as we have to prepare for this that there is no way that we will have PAD. I already have Pre Adoption Depression. LOL!
Good post!

Karen
(from FF)

 
At December 06, 2007 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter how much you worry, adopted children grow up anyway and return home to be with their real moms and real families. The natural bond can never be broken by intruding strangers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home