Saturday, November 03, 2007

First day of touring in Beijing

Yesterday was a whirlwind of touring and shopping. We saw Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, the Pearl factory, and the Silk Factory. I think they kept us moving to try and help get us on the time zone. I still zonked out at 8pm anyway.

Here are some snapshots from the square. The square is the largest downtown square in the world and a center of political activity in China. In a building on one end is where Chairman Mao's body is showcased in a crystal coffin. The chinese people from the generation of the cultural revolution will come and stand in line for hours to pay their respects.


We're on the 24 hour countdown until we meet Kayla~ don't forget to send me an e-mail at shannon.elaine2@yahoo.com (and give me your e-mail address because I forgot to bring my contact info.) for Bobby's website www.chasingkayla.com if you'd like to see the video. I'll still post pics here too.

We're in China Baby!!!!

4 Comments:

At November 04, 2007 3:33 AM, Blogger Alyson and Ford said...

Only 24 more hours!!!!! This is just too exciting. Unreal! No, Real! Looking forward to following your special trip. All our hugs and prayers.

 
At November 04, 2007 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just so excited I can bearly contain myself!! I can't wait to finally meet my beautiful niece!! Lots of love to all "three" of you!!

Cindi

 
At November 05, 2007 12:25 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

Yay for you!!!!!!

So excited for you all...

 
At November 05, 2007 2:43 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

Yay! Glad you arrived safe and sound!

Mummy and Daddy are coming KAYLA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home