Sunday, July 09, 2006

Yardwork vs. Housework: Is it even a question?

Top 5 Reasons that I will mow the grass over dusting any day...


#5.

Yard work can be disguised as fun by calling it "gardening" and a hobby. There is no such thing as a "vacuuming club". Although I do have sick friends that consider dishwashing a "stress reliever".

#4.

When I mow the grass, I can see where I've been and how much is left. It's a sense of accomplishment to complete this task. If I can see where I've been when I'm dusting, it means I'm a terrible housekeeper because I must not have dusted in a loooonnnggg time. This leaves me with only a sense of guilt and dread of how much is left to do.

#3.

Yard work is not to be done when it is thundering and lightening outside, therefore there is no reason not to take a nap. On the other hand, a good rainstorm provides an opportunity to clean out those messy closets...Hence my nap is spoiled, or at least riddled with guilt.

#2.

Pulling weeds is done in the out in the beautiful sunshine giving me vitamin D (uh...I think it's D.) Housework is done inside and gives me sneezing fits because of all the dust I'm inhaling (see reason #4 for a reminder).

#1.

Yardwork comes to a screeching stop in the winter, ahhh! It's like a vacation...of course, housework is never done.

So, my sweet Bobby, if you read this anytime soon, go ahead and prepare yourself for the fact that I'm interviewing housekeepers again. One bad experience is not a good enough reason to starve another entrepreneur from an opportunity to earn a buck (and these days...I do mean EARN it).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home