Sunday, December 31, 2006

Bring it on 2007

Let's start the New Year with a smile.

An old man lived alone in Ireland. He wanted to dig his potato garden, but it was very hard work. His only son, who would have helped him, was in prison for bank robbery. The old man wrote a letter to his son and mentioned his predicament. Shortly, he received this reply,"For HEAVEN'S SAKE Dad, don't dig up that garden, that's where I buried the Money!" At 4 A.M. the next morning, a dozen policemen showed up and dug up the entire garden, without finding any money. Confused, the old man wrote another note to his son telling him what happened, and asking him what to do next. His son's reply was: "Now plant your potatoes, Dad. It's the best I could do from here."

*************************************************

It's strange to think that last year about this time we were so excited-- to have a log in date, to be officially in line, to get to be parents in six to eight months. Finally the end was in sight after so many years of trying, waiting, and praying for our chance to be a family instead of a couple. Sigh.

This will be the year. And for that reason, I'm coming out of my New Year's hiatus and making some resolutions.

#5
Listen to volumes 2 through 10 of the Pimsular "Learn Mandarin CD set"-- I've been stuck on vol. 1 for six months.

#4
Start my own packing list instead of just reading other folks online. (Anyone know of a professional packer I can just hire?...no?...fine, I'll keep this one in then.)

#3
Quit taking l-o-n-g Sunday afternoon naps after teaching 3 yr olds for an hour at church so I can start getting a feel for the real thing.

#2
Exercise more so I can climb the Great Wall of China without getting winded and sore.

#1
Be glad that I have had the opportunity to learn just how lucky I am to get to be a parent.

1 Comments:

At January 01, 2007 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this post! I got teary eyed reading it. I am so happy that 2007 is the year that will you will become a mom.
Your resolutions are awesome, but I say KEEP TAKING YOUR SUNDAY AFTERNOON NAPS!!! I sneak in a nap whenever possible.
Happy, Happy New Year to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home