Wednesday, August 02, 2006

And Mommy-mush brain starts....NOW!

I'm useless these days. I'm constantly checking rumor sites, adoption boards, etc. I can't seem to focus on anything else for more than 15 minutes at a time (on a good day!). I'm working invisible overtime just to make up for my lack of focus during the day. I just want to know a date, a hard fast date. At this point, I don't even care if *they* lie and tell me next July 1st, then call me up anytime before that, but I just need to know something.

More like I'm craving information.

Come on ladies you know the feeling-- 11pm urge for chocolate hits, so you raid the cabinets for just a taste, and end up licking the bitter baking chocolate because its the closest you can get to the real thing without having to put on a bra and head to the store. So that's what I'm doing right now, I'm licking up all the referral pictures on the www I can get my nubbly little mouse on. So many beautiful babies joined families in the last round-- I've just gotta get my baby fix.

So I've added up the number of families, just in my agency, remaining ahead of me in line~222.

Certainly by the end of August we'll know if The Process* is going to speed up, slow down, or just plain put me in the madhouse.

* The Process should forever more be said in a hushed reverent tone with humming monks as the background music for fear of upsetting the delicate balance of adoption karma

5 Comments:

At August 03, 2006 10:17 AM, Blogger GGHadden said...

You are too funny! I'm hanging with you, licking my chocolate and stalking all the blogs. Unfortunately my kitchen cabinets are full and I bake when I'm stressed!-then I eat it.
Stay focused....someone needs to be.

Gina

 
At August 09, 2006 11:03 AM, Blogger Sandra said...

Too funny, me too! My work productivity has gone down hill fast since becoming addicted to blogs. At home I stopped buying sweets because I can't leave them alone so it's amazing what I find to snack on in the pantry just to appease my hunger while reading blogs!

 
At August 10, 2006 10:44 PM, Blogger Elle said...

Yep. My brain turned to mush - or maybe it just got mushier - when we started the paperchase.

 
At August 14, 2006 2:15 AM, Blogger Lori and John said...

Shannon,

I know exactly what you mean about checking the sites constantly. I drug my laptop into bed and woke up conveniently every hour to check the sites. It can make you insane but there is no stopping it. It is a compulsion among adoptive mothers to be.

I know people said to me...." when you get the referral all the waiting will be worth it and you will get the child you are meant to have" I used to hate that comment but now I know exactly what they mean. If we had gotten our referral 6 months ago when we originally thought then we wouldn't be staring endlessly at our litte Maya's picture because she would not have been paper ready yet. I can't imagine her not being ours. And I haven't even held her yet! Hang in there. Your time will come and all these months will be a distant memory. Good things come to those who wait....how true!

Lori
Maya...coming soon!
http://mayalives.blogspot.com/

 
At January 11, 2008 4:35 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Hi! My name's Amanda and I did a google search on "Mommy Mush" and up popped your blog. My husband and I are adopting and one of the agency workers said I had the case of "mommy mush" and I had no clue what that meant.

Anyhow, I read your blog and I want you to know that I wish you the best of luck on your journey. I know exactly how you feel and I've been having the hardest of times concentrating on anything other than the adoption as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home